You are at the home of the EZ Clamp Spring for a Brompton bicycle. A small widget that fits in both the frame and handlebar hinges.
A review of the EZ Clamp Spring from Everyday Cycling:
This spring, when 3D printed in TPU, will turn any Brompton Hinge Clamp into an EZ Clamp.
It will push away your clamp plate and help prevent it from rotating.
Aligns your clamp plate automatically when tightening the hinge.
Key features :
• No change to any original Brompton parts so you maintain the original quality guarantee and confidence.
• Keeps rotational alignment of original Brompton clamp plate with the hinge.
• Visual indication when clamp plate is releasing the hinge.
• Increased speed of the fastening and unfastening process.
• Helps prevent frame paint damage.
• Helps prevent clamp plate damage.
• Helps prevent vibration unfastening during folded transit.
• Clamp is still removable for hinge protection during rough transit.
• Fits in the small void between the hinge face.
• Compatible with Brompton Tool Kit.
• Weighs less than 1g each.
The EZ Clamp Spring is not compatible with the older Brompton thinner hinges (Pre-2004 click to see image)